In no particular order
1. If you are down, help someone else and you will instantly feel better about yourself. Helping others in their time of need is the most rewarding thing you can ever do
2. I CAN do anything I want
3. I am mommy, daddy, nurse, lover, friend, counselor, cook, maid, secretary, and so much more
4. Loving someone with mental health problems is VERY difficult but I am stronger for it
5. Even when I wanted to give up and just crawl into a hole I kept going. Deep inside of me I was able to find strength I never knew I had
6. The love you can have for your child is amazing and it just keeps growing which each passing day
7. Don't be afraid of confrontation. Sometimes it is necessary
8. While I might not know everything, I do know that I know a lot more than I did just a year ago
9. I need to look out for myself and treat myself well, otherwise I am useless to anyone else. As long as I take care of myself, I can take care of others
10. Tomorrow might not be what we wanted it to be but whatever the day will bring we can get through that day by being ourselves and with the help of others who will help us in tough times
11. Even when you think you are alone, you never are. A person you never thought would notice you or care about you might just show up and with just a simple word of encouragement make a huge difference and help you get through that difficult time
Sunday, May 4, 2008
I, personally, LOVE birthdays. L, not so much. In fact, he could go without celebrating it all together (as long as he gets cake and present...
A twitter friend (and recent guest blogger on here) tweeted yesterday about the WI dance team that performed a 'psych ward' routine...
Today's guestblogger is Steven. You can find him on twitter as @EatsShootsEdits . He also blogs on his own blog 'The Emperor has no ...